Saturday, March 17, 2007

Time to Load 'N Lock


Black buzzards were circling as we rode our horses out of the narrow canyon onto the grasslands, leading our pack mules behind us. Something in the distance was attracting the buzzards for sure. As we got closer we began to get a whiff of the smell - the putrid odor of decay mixed with a lingering scent of burnt gunpowder, deceit, cheating and perhaps a hint of sulfur.

"What in hell do you think it is?" I asked my companion, Witness.

"Don't know," he replied laconically. "Better go see."

Cautiously we approached the now obvious mounds of something, still and dead - couldn't tell just what.

"What's it look like?" I asked Witness.

"Nothing I ever seen." he answered. He dismounted his tired horse and walked slowly forward on foot. I jumped down from my horse as well and started to follow him.

"Better stay back." said Witness, short and sweet. He used a tone I recognized as no nonsense and serious. I stayed back.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Ah shit!" Witness spat. "Never thought I'd see the day."

"For Christ's sake, what in hell is it?" I demanded.

"Ah, shit," he said again. "Looks like Democracy just took it in the neck and back."

"Don't hand me that stuff Witness!" I cried. I didn't want to believe him.

"Yep." he confirmed. "An' here's Reality and Truth laying over here in a heap too. Damn, damn, damn."

"You gotta be kidding." I said. "I don't believe you!"

"Don't matter. 'S a fact. All of 'em. Deader'n hornets."

I peered around Witness' shoulder . And, it was true. I swallowed hard. "But, I thought Media was supposed to watching out for 'em." I protested.

"Me too." Witness said. "Sure looks like they might of even been in on it maybe. Signs of 'em all over the place. Neocon's definitely been here too."

"You don't think they were in on it?" I cried.

"Sure'n hell didn't help any." said Witness. "Whoops. Wait a minute. Here's some stuff I recognize. Used ammo. Stuff only Neocon uses. Yep. No doubt about it. Right there's your perp all right."

"What're we gonna do?" I asked.

"Load 'n lock." said Witness. "We'uns got some cleaning up to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may post anything you wish in comments. I guarantee all will be read. But, due to personal attacks and deliberate flaming, I will not agree to publish all comments.