Would you like to meet the person who is the newly appointed US Ambassador to Iraq?
His name is Zalmay Khalilzad and he is being posted to Baghdad - where largest US Embassy in the world is now being built . . .
Some of Khalilzad’s resume', gained thru a little quick research on his name online follows:
1. Born in Afghanistan - a Pashtun by birth;
2. Supported Islamic militias against the Soviets in Afghanistan - the same ones who destroyed Kabul in the 1980’s & 1990's;
3. Supported Taliban (and Osama Bin Ladin) and advised their accommodation by US; Zalmay Khalilzad oversaw the mobilization, leadership, funding and coordination of, and the media support for, the Islamic fundamentalist terrorists who devastated Afghanistan and Bosnia;
4. Protégé of Zbigniew Brzezinski;
5. Protégé of Dick Cheney ;
6. Protégé, and Assistant Undersecretary of Defense to Undersecretary or DefensePaul Wolfowitz;
7. Advisor to Donald Rumsfeld;
8. Advisor to Unocal Corporation - 9th largest oil company on the planet; (This fact is conveniently omitted on the official US State Department biography on Khalilzad: Source: http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/biog/26933.htm)
9. Worked as consultant for Cambridge Energy Research Associates;
(Consultants to the oil, natural gas and electric power industries)
10. Charter member of “PNAC” (“Progress for New American Century” - check it out for yourself) and only non-native born American original member;
11. Consultant for Rand Corp. - neo-conservative ‘think tank”
12. Signed letter urging President Clinton to ‘bring down Saddam Hussein” in 1998;
13. Former Ambassador to Afghanistan (During Khalilzad's tenure in Afghanistan, opium and heroin production skyrocketed. [In December 2004, a secret U.S. military report stated that opium production would continue to increase, strengthening the power of warlords.])
And, there you have the gist of this man! I guess President Bush, et al thinks Americans are all asleep. Perhaps too many of us are.